Deduplicates

Uploading, editing, deduping and exporting references
natashab

Deduplicates

Postby natashab » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 am

Hi
The deduplicates shows 1000 articles. Is this 500 articles+ 500 duplicates?
Not sure how to report it in PRISMA.
Do I say 1000 articles?

Thank you

Henry_Ebron

Re: Deduplicates

Postby Henry_Ebron » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:34 am

Hi,

The results of the duplicate detection shows you how many duplicate pairings were found. It does not necessarily mean that you have 500 duplicate references though. You may have some references that have multiple duplicate pairings (e.g refid 1 may be a duplicate of refid 2, 20 and 100, which would likely result in refids 2 and 20 and 100 being matched up as duplicates as well).

Once you process your duplicates and quarantine them, your project numbers will reflect that (e.g. if you started with 1000 references and quarantined 200, then all your screening results will be based on the remaining 800). The quarantined references do not get included in your final screening totals.

You also have the ability to produce a Prisma report via the Reports -- Exclusion Numbers report. This will show you the totals before and after duplicates identified.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Evidence Partners Support

samiraheme

Postby samiraheme » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello,

I quarantined duplicate references in my review, however, while I was doing the review, I realized that the system still didn't catch some duplications. Is that normal? Is there something that I could do to not have duplicates? Or should I delete the references that I think are duplicates?

Thank you in advance for your support,
Samira

Henry_Ebron

Postby Henry_Ebron » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi Samira,

Yes this is possible, there may be some duplicates that are missed. If you encounter this, you do have the ability to manually quarantine a reference via the References -- Edit References menu option.

I hope this helps

Cheers,

Evidence Partners Support

Nilou2019

Postby Nilou2019 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:45 am

Hi, I have a student account which only permits at most 2 project. The duplicate detection page does not load up in my second project. Can I fix this somehow?

Return to “Reference Management”