Data Extraction

Level and form settings, reviewer assignment, filtering, etc
NatalieHewitt

Data Extraction

Postby NatalieHewitt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:23 am

Hey... My level three is not available. I set it to data extraction and I am really not sure what video would have the answer to help me understand and configure the level correctly... all of the other levels are working just fine. Do I need to set up any other form or data collection table?

thanks in advance

Henry_Ebron

Re: Data Extraction

Postby Henry_Ebron » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:40 am

Hi Natalie,

The default for the Optional Form option in a Data extraction level is set to Yes. This would explain why your references are not available.

If you go to the Setup your levels options and into the Forms settings for your extraction level, change the Optional setting to No and then save the settings (for reference,you can go to the Online user guide and refer to the Project workflow section and then the Setting form properties selection or from the Getting Started section, if you view the 3B Individual Form settings options for additional information)

Once you make this change, you will have to run a Reconcile References function (found under the References menu selections) to apply these new changes to your references.

I hope this helps

Cheers,

Evidence Partners Support

StephCoronado

Postby StephCoronado » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:44 pm

Hello,
To give some context: we have finished title-abstract screening and full-text screening and currently have 6 eligible trials. We are moving on now to data extraction table.
As my colleague started creating the data extraction sheet, she accidentally created the sheet using our Level 2 form (intended for full-text screening, titled "Rapid TItle Screening". So currently, when I go to Level 2, I see the data extraction form as the form, instead of our form that we used to screen full text. I think she made these changes yesterday June 6th, in the early afternoon.

Is there any way to reverse this? I am very concerned that we have lost the data for Level 2, all the full-text coding we had done. Please let me know what can be done. Thank you.

My username for distiller is Stephanie.Coronado-Montoya, and the project name is "Preventing CUD".

Thank you,
Stephanie Coronado

Daniel_Osei

Postby Daniel_Osei » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello Steph,

To confirm the issue, your colleague accidentally created the sheet using your existing Level 2 form "Rapid TItle Screening", did she delete all the previous questions that were in the "Rapid TItle Screening" form and entered new questions for the Data extraction form?

StephCoronado

Postby StephCoronado » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Daniel,
Yes, I think that is what she did. I think she deleted my questions in Level 2 and re-named the form.
Previously in level 2, the form we used to code over 400 articles was called "Rapid Title Screening" and had two screening questions. Now, when I go to level 2, it shows me "Data Extraction Form" which has many questions.
I am hoping not to lose all the 400+ article we already coded in Level 2 for full-text eligiblity, is this possible? The good news is I see that the PRISMA flowchart still shows how many articles were coded and excluded, and for which reasons.

Thank you,
Stephanie

Daniel_Osei

Postby Daniel_Osei » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Hello Stephanie,

There is a way to recover the questions that she deleted from the form “Rapid Title Screening” before changing it to “Data Extraction Form”.

To have those questions back, in the Edit Form option from the Forms menu in Distiller, click to edit the “Data Extraction Form”. On the forms page, you will have the Recover Deleted Questions tab where you can find all the questions that were deleted from the form previously. You will have to go through the list of deleted questions, identify the ones that were on the “Rapid Title Screening” form and recover them.

If you are not able to find them, there may be the possibility that the questions were not deleted, but rather modified. Also, you will need to check the question type. Example; if it was a radio type question that was later changed to a text.

Note that you will need to check all the answers to the questions making sure that the answer types and questions are exactly as they were before. Again, you will have all the 400+ articles and response data in Level 2 still present if you are able to recover the questions.

After recovering the questions, it will be best to run a Reconcile. To run a reconcile, from the Distiller Menu tab, choose References, and click on Reconcile References. On the Reconcile References page, click to choose the Level, and Start Reconciliation.

However, if you are not able to restore the deleted questions, you can contact support@evidencepartners.com , and we will be able to restore the project as of the morning of June 6th before she made the changes. Note that with this option, you will lose all data and work that was done to the project after June 6th till now.

I hope this helps. Please do reach out if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Daniel, Evidence Partners Support

Return to “Workflow/Level Configuration”