How to include or exluce individual references

Exclusion reports, activity reporting and datarama
distill32

How to include or exluce individual references

Postby distill32 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Hello,

I am performing the initial Title screen and there are certain references that I know I want to include or exclude. How do I individually include or exclude certain references that I have identified but not yet encountered through the normal screening process that is running through every reference?

Thank you.

Daniel_Osei

Re: How to include or exluce individual references

Postby Daniel_Osei » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Aside screening all the references assigned to the Title Screening phase to Include/Exclude specific references, there are two other options to have those references individually Included or Excluded.

With these two options, you will need to have a list of those references you need to Include, and a list of those references you need to Exclude.

Option 1
The first option is to search and pull up those references (either the list of references you want to include or exclude separately) on the Title Screening page, and screen them individually.

To pull up those references individually, from your Distiller Dashboard, under the My Tasks tab, click on the number of references next to Unreviewed under the Title Screening. This will take you to the Title Screening page with the assigned references to that level listed below. On the same page, you do that the option to search for specific references (the specific references you want to include and exclude) individually by entering their reference IDs in the search space provided. Once they pull up in the search results, you can click to review the reference to either Include or Exclude it in a separate tab.

Option 2
The second option is to create a tag for those references you need to be Included or Excluded based on the inclusion/exclusion criteria and map those fields to the forms in the Title Screening.

You will first need to create a tag for those references (once for references to Include and one for references to Exclude) in Datarama.
To do that, from Distiller, click on Datarama. On the Datarama page, click on the Reference Criteria tab, and under the Reference Fields, enter the range of either only the references you with to include (you can separate each reference with a comma), or only the references you wish to Exclude. Then, click on Run Report. This will generate a report on only the references you wish to Include/Exclude.

Scroll down to the bottom of the report and click on the option to Add Tags/Labels to References. In the Add Tags/Labels editor, in the Add Tags field, create a tag. e.g. screen = YES. Note that the YES in this tag, should correspond exactly with the Answer to your question to include/exclude a reference. e.g. Should this reference be included? (Question) ……. YES (Answer) = Include (Answer Type)

Note that you should also create a separate tag for the references you would want to Exclude as well using the steps highlighted above. Once the tag has been created, click to save the changes made.

The next step is to Map the fields created to Include/Exclude the references to the forms. To do this, from Distiller, click on the References menu and select Map fields to forms.

On the Reference to Form Mappings page, under the Forms menu in Step 1, click to select the form which in your case, will be the Title Screening form. Once the form is selected, click to choose the reviewer(s) who you would like to apply this mapping to (this will populate the responses of the reviewer(s) based on the mapping) in Step 2. Next, in Step 3, under the Mappings menu, enter all the references you would want to Include/Exclude in the Filter space (you can separate each reference with a comma). Again, select the question with the inclusion or exclusion criteria set and Map to the tag created (screen). Then, in Step 4, click to Run the mapping.

After mapping the fields to the forms, you will then have to run a Reconcile. Note that you will need to run a reconcile after creating the tags for your references you wish to Include and mapping the fields to the forms. Also, you will need to run a reconcile once more after you create the tags for your references you wish to Exclude and mapping the fields to the forms.

To run a reconcile, from the Distiller Menu tab, choose References, and click on Reconcile References. On the Reconcile References page, click to choose the Level, and Start Reconciliation.

I hope this helps. Please do reach out if you have further questions.
Cheers,
Daniel, Evidence Partners Support

Return to “Reporting”