"this reference - next form" across levels?

Level and form settings, reviewer assignment, filtering, etc
aline_steiner

"this reference - next form" across levels?

Postby aline_steiner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:22 am

I would like to proceed from full text screening (level 2, 1 form) directly to data extraction (level 3, several forms) if a study is included. Although I have selected "this reference - next form" as a submit option in the form settings, this option does not appear when I submit the full text screening form. Any ideas how to fix this? I neither like the idea of migrating the data extraction forms to level 2 nor the idea of navigating manually to level 3 after each reference that was included in level 2...

Henry_Ebron

Re: "this reference - next form" across levels?

Postby Henry_Ebron » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:52 am

Hi Aline,

To workaround this issue, we have a "Quick Navigation" feature that will allow you to proceed to the higher levels after screening.

To use this feature, you would do the following:

At your level 2, after you fill out your full text form, Before submitting, change the drop down selector to "This reference, Save". Once you submit, the level 2 form will remain on the screen with the reference you just screened.

If you look to the very left of the screen, you will see the "Quick Navigation bar",if you click on that, you will see your entire workflow for this reference. If you had included the reference from Full text, you will see links under the Level 3 which you can click on to open up your level 3 extraction form. If you have multiple forms, open up the first form. Then you can use the "This reference, next form" option. This option is only used within the same level and multiple forms in that level. It does not "jump" you to the next level in your workflow.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Evidence Partners Support

aline_steiner

Postby aline_steiner » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:39 am

Is it possible that this is no longer possible since the update? I cannot find other levels or parent forms at the same level in the quick navigation bar on the left of the screen anymore...

Henry_Ebron

Postby Henry_Ebron » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi Aline,

This functionality is still present in the application. No changes were made to the quick navigation.

No special requirements to set it up. Should be available on the left side of your screen.

Perhaps a browser issue? If you have a different browser to try.

Please let us know.

Cheers,

StephCoronado

Postby StephCoronado » Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 am

Hello:

I have two questions/issues and am looking for help. I am currently conducting a systematic review and am at the first lvel of screening title/abstracts. I only have 1 question that needs to be answered in order to screen the reference as included /excluded.

1) To date, my co-reviewer and I have accidentally been treating the "Skip to Next" button as a button that would allow us to skip to the next reference without screening the current reference, not knowing that this button actually submitted the current reference to the next level. How can I either a)undo this or b) identify the references that have been coded as "skip to next" in order to re-screen them?

2) Another mistake we have been doing on the project has been accidentally submitting the form without screening/coding the reference. Is there any way to identify the references that have been submitted as reviewed but do not have any answers? Since finding this mistake, I have made our sole screening question mandatory, so it no longer allows us to submit an empty form.

Thank you!

Henry_Ebron

Postby Henry_Ebron » Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 am

hi Steph,

1. That is odd, that "skip to next" link should not submit the form for the reference. I just validated that option again and it should just be taking you to the next available reference to screen. If you reload your unreviewed screen, the references that you skipped should reappear.

2. For the references where you submitted the blank forms, you can get a list of these via the datarama option. In the report settings tab, data to display section select your level to output. In the Basic options section, there is a filter option and you can build a filter looking for "not answered" for your level 1 form and questions. In the advanced tab (since no data was submitted), check the box to show all empty columns, Then run the report. This should output those blank submissions for you.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Return to “Workflow/Level Configuration”