How to find Refid in endnote

Uploading, editing, deduping and exporting references
Kali.Barrett

How to find Refid in endnote

Postby Kali.Barrett » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 am

I've exported a list of citations for fulltext review. We have attached the pdfs and I now have an endnote file with the selected citations and pdfs. I see that I need to rename the pdfs according to the refid in order to bulk upload.

I can't seem to figure out how to find the refid field from within Endnote, but I know it must be there, because when I double click on a citation within endnote the citation is titled "Author, Year, #refid". It looks like I can rename the pdfs according to a field, so I assume I can select the refid field.

Does anyone know how to find refid field wihtin ENdnote so that I can automatically rename these pdfs without having to do it by hand?

Thank you!

Henry_Ebron

Re: How to find Refid in endnote

Postby Henry_Ebron » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi Kali,

Assuming you export a RIS file from Distiller to re-import into Endnote. Our RIS export exports our Reference id into the ID tag of the RIS file. When importing into Endnote, Endnote ignores this ID tag and supplies its' own ID number to the references you imported. This is an Endnote issue where it won't accept any ID provided to it.

You may have to double cross your new Endnote library with your RIS export to get the proper refid number. Or you can refer to Distiller to get the ids and double cross with your Endnote library.

I hope this helps

Cheers,

Evidence Partners Support

Return to “Reference Management”